Sunday, January 6, 2013

Makin' Mischief Mastiff Collar... Plus Brinkley Day 11 TPLO Update

Well Brinkley gets her stitches out tomorrow. Since she’s been so whiny and has been barking at us because she doesn’t want to be in her x-pen anymore.... I found this ribbon a while back, but it was out of stock everywhere online. I just happened across it the other day back in stock and super cheap, so I bought up several yards. Meet Brinkley's new collar. I just LOVE it!  It is so fitting for her.  Green is so her color too. Isn’t it adorable?

She is doing so well.  We’re done with all our prescriptions now, just the Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Fish Oil and Vitamin C I mix in with her food each meal.  She is rearing to go.  The incision looks great, all swelling is gone, and her limp is minimal.  When she’s out in the yard sometimes you can’t even tell she has a limp at all.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed the surgeon will be equally impressed tomorrow.

Read about how Brinkley's journey began here:
A MastiffsJourney Through Cranial Cruciate Ligament Surgery
Preparingthe House for a Mastiff After TPLO Surgery
ComingHome From the TPLO Surgery Center
Day 2 PostTPLO Surgery
Day 3 PostTPLO Surgery
Day 7 PostTPLO Surgery
BrinkleyMastiff - Walking on Day 8, Post-TPLO Surgery
Makin'Mischief Mastiff Collar... Plus Brinkley Day 11 TPLO Update

And to read about the rest of Brinkley's journey:
PassiveRange of Motion Exercises in Post TPLO Mastiff

1 comment:

  1. How has Brinkley done since? Is her other knee doing well? Doe she still have pain from this?

    My husband and I adopted a mastiff last year who'd come from an abusive home. She's very happy with us. She recently ruptured her cruciate ligament and is scheduled for TPLO surgery at the University of Columbia on February 6. This is a great financial hardship on my family. We have to finance $3,000 of the costly surgery, and it will take us a year to pay the debt. Well, now she's limping on the other leg. It looks like that one either ruptured or is damaged too. If it ruptures, I can't imagine how we're going to pay for another surgery.

    It's not real surprising as the vet at Columbia thinks genetics are the reason for the rupture. Her previous owners also got her neutered when she was only 6-months-old. As she already has fairly bad arthritis in the first knee, we're questioning what her quality of life will be. We're actually considering euthanasia and are struggling with that decision. We have an appointment with our regular vet next week so that we can talk to him about our concerns.

    Any thoughts? Can you give me any advice?

    Thank you!