Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 7 Post TPLO

Well the last couple days have been fairly uneventful.  Brinkley is still pretty tired of being in the x-pen, but at this point she’s figured out that’s where she’s supposed to be.  Once we come back inside from potty time she goes straight back in and lays down.  Her incision is healing nicely and the fluid that was building on her ankle has greatly improved.  There is still a bit there, but it’s much better than it was.  I haven’t given her a Xanax for 2 days (I think I’ve only used 3 pills total) and since the second day home I have only given her the Tramadol twice per day.  Still no luck ice packing her leg, but it really doesn’t seem to need it, so I’m not too stressed about that.  I got her appointment for the staple removal and check-up scheduled for next Monday, 12 days from the date of her surgery. 

I’m still sleeping in the living room floor on a futon mattress next to her kennel at night.  It’s the only way from keeping her from crying and barking all night.  Once the sutures are out we won’t have to worry about the e-collar when we’re not around to supervise her, so I can move her kennel in the bedroom and sleep in my own bed.
On a side note it snowed all day on Monday and Monday night, so we have 4+ inches of snow.  The weatherman has decided it will be COLD for quite some time now, so I don’t think the snow is going anywhere.  This makes it so much fun on our potty breaks in the yard.  I’m scared one of us is going to slip and fall on our butt. To top it all off Brinkley loves snow, so I have the keep the leash short and tight to keep her from having a snow zoomie.


Read about how Brinkley's journey began here:
A Mastiffs Journey ThroughCranial Cruciate Ligament Surgery
Preparing the House for aMastiff After TPLO Surgery
Coming Home From the TPLOSurgery Center
Day 2 Post TPLO Surgery

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you're both doing well. It's funny how we judge the weather as good or bad depending up on what's going on with our dogs.

    Our dogs love the snow, but if I were nursing a recovering dog, I would cringe.

    Here's to an even faster recovery.

    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes Kimberly! Both my dogs LOVE the snow too, so it is hard to keep her calm and quiet when she just wants to run and play.

    ReplyDelete